- wear tops basically end at the hipline, it will makes you look equally distributed from top and bottom
- you can also wear tops that end 3" below you kneeline. Don't wear it above 3" from your kneeline. For example jubah or kebaya that ends 3" lower than your kneeline.
- most of your accessories should be on top, that is wear necklace, lovely shawl, or have ruffles to your top clothing will make it look best
- should wear bright tops and darker shades for the bottom. for example skirts should be black or no designs
- For skirts, you will look best in A-line. Also, it will not look best if you are wearing skirts upper your kneeline.
- For tops, it would be nice if you have shoulder pad for certain clothing. For example, baju kurung, kebaya, it will looks best if you have this. (but shoulder pad is not suitable for apple shape)
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
How to look best in clothing - Pear shaped
Last week I went to Borders and happened to read a US magazine about fashion (I don't remember the title of the magazine) . In one of the pages, my eyes attracted to the title " What is your body type". I have known about body type apple, pear, hourglass and banana (straight).
The hip measurement is greater than the bust measurement. The distribution of fat varies, with fat tending to deposit first in the buttocks, hips and thighs. As body fat percentage increases, an increasing proportion of body fat is distributed around the waist and upper abdomen.
There is a simple quiz, basically a calculation of waist to hip ratio to determine whether are we in the pear shape or not.
Well I am under the pear shape. Which is basically when you gain weight, most of the time your fat stores will go down to your buttock and hips. Also, your shoulders and other parts in the top looks smaller compared to those in the lower part. Hahaha, this is typical for most women.
This is the proper definition from Wikipedia: Pear or spoon or bell (triangle upward)
To learn more about types of body shape could make us look best in the right clothing, I made a little research on the internet. This is what I could summarize from my reading (from what I remember). So, what types of clothing will look best for Pear shape :
That's all for now, next time I will discuss about apple shape.