Thursday, August 5, 2010

Crocheted White Baby Booties

04082010284
This baby booties is easy and fast to make compared to several baby booties that I have made before. It is Mary Janes baby booties, I could not remember the link for this booties. It has straps, but, I omitted it because the straps were too long for the sides.
I was using a 4mm hook so that I could get a 3 1/2 inch sole. But, it is kind of big for a newborn in Malaysia. The pattern is from the US, so I think the size suits well with their babies.
To make it cuter, I crocheted two small flowers and sew imitation pearl beads on top of it.
My 3 year old daughter was very eager to wear it, but of course it would not fit her 5 1/2 inch foot well. So, I made one for her without flowers using 8mm hook. Luckily it fits her very well. She was very pleased with it. What was more happier was that she said, “Thanks Mommy”, and hugs me. :)
After making this, I plan on making one for my sister, she is having a baby girl soon, same time as me on the month of August 2010.
04082010285
04082010286
Very adorable if paired with the crocheted dress!
04082010291

2 comments:

ShyDethKitten said...

I would love a copy of both the bootie pattern and the dress pattern. They are absolutely adorable. My best friend is having a sweet baby girl and this would just be perfect for her.

Cotton House Store said...

ShyDethKitten,

For the bootie pattern, you can try and google the Mary Janes booties. It is very simple and easy to do. FOr the dress, it is from Theresa website, about Solomon's knot dress. The pattern is free.