Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Combined technique – Crochet and Sew a dress for Raya

04082010297
The pattern was taken from Crochet Magazine. I really like this magazine, but , it is really expensive to buy from Borders or MPH, it is around RM 20++. So, when I got back home, I tried to search for Crochet Magazine, luckily, they have it digitally for only USD 14.97. That is much more cheaper, I will get a full year subscription plus back dated issues. So, it will be a really value for the money.
04082010307 04082010308
After I made payment using credit card, instantly I could download all the current issues and back dated issues easily. After downloading everything, I looked at each pages for a pattern that I might be interested in doing so and print it out.
I really recommend this magazine for anyone who loves to make cardigan for adult, necklaces, afghans, and it also have projects for baby either a blanket/toys/clothes.
So, one of the patterns is making a combined technique, it looks lovely. The only thing is that it need to use a smaller hook 3-3.5mm hook. So, for my daughter almost 3 years old, I need to use a 3.5mm hook with a red metallic cotton yarn.
I made it with a 2 tier cotton fabric attached to the crocheted part using sewing machine. Carefully, you  need not stretch the material, if not, it won’t fit with the length of the fabric.
04082010299 04082010301
As always, my daughter was very eager to wear it, although I have not finish crocheting the sleeves part yet. She said baju princess (princess dress), like Dora the Explorer, she used to wear a long dress when she becomes a princess.
For the sleeves part, it is really open, so I modified a little bit, to make it closed (could not see the armpit anymore).
04082010306

No comments: