Sunday, February 24, 2013

Cabled Baby Hat - Knitting

Cabled Baby Hat - Knitting





Love the outcome for the baby hat. I wanted to try doing cable and challenge myself to this easy pattern from the Lion Brand yarn website. The title is Chill In the Air Cap.

Materials: 
- Ivy Wool Cream 100gm
- Circular Knitting Needle 5.5mm, 120cm (take long enough to make it easier to use Magic Loop method)
- Cable Stitch Holder
- Stitch Marker
- Blunt Needle


I should have made a pompom to tie on top of the hat. It would make it a lot more cuter.

Cable technique requires lots of yarn even though you are making it for a baby sized hat. About a few grams left for the yarn. If you are making for an adult hat, maybe you need about 1 and half balls for the yarn. About 150gm of the yarns needed.

It took me about two days to finish it. I knitted the hat during my leisure time.

No comments: